Thursday, December 4, 2008

Our Trip to Our Nations Capital...

We headed up to Canberra for the weekend to catch up with my cousin Dean, his wife Betty, their gorgeous little boy Hayden and my aunty Karen & uncle Peter, as well as Matt's sister Emma, her husband Pat and their little boy Finn. Here's Karen, Peter, Betty, Dean (holding James), Matt, and in the front, Hayden.

Hayden was very kind to his little cousin and let him play with his toys all day Saturday!

He even shared his high chair with James!

Here's James having a cuddle with Karen. He thought all of his family was pretty cool!

And speaking about cool... Here's Hayden 'beamer'!!! Betty used to work for BMW in the US and her work gave her one of these cars for Hayden. It is an amazing machine - so smooth to drive! Matt was a little jealous - I think he would have had a go if he was 30 kgs lighter!!!


And while we're still on about cool stuff - how cool is this Elmo chair. James cracked up at Elmo's eyes!!!


Saturday afternoon we headed back in to Em & Pat's and James and Finn had more time playing together before an early night. Pat, Em, Matt and I had a relaxed barbie for tea and spent most of our dinner conversation pondering our "6 dream dinner guests".

My list was...

1. Matt
2. Roger Federer (to pick his brain on attitudes in sport)
3. Andrew Denton ('cos he's spoken to everyone who is anyone)
4. Cate Blanchett ('cos she's awesome and so down to earth)
5. Queen Elizabeth II (I'd like to ask her what her thoughts were on the monarchy)
6. Michael Caton (Daryl Kerrigan!!!! and I love his new show Packed to the Rafters)

Matt's list was...
1. Jane
2. Kevin Sheedy
3. Steve Waugh
4. Layne Beachley
5. Sidney Kidman (Australian cattle baron)
6. Hilary Clinton

I can't remember Em & Pat's lists... Maybe Em will post them on her blog???? (All I can remember is Em's having Oprah and Barack Obama, and Pat's list involved a discussion about eye candy! he he he)

Sunday morning we went for a walk down to the Old Bus Depot Markets where Matt and I stocked up on Fudge and Spices! And then after getting home we set off on our 4.5 hour journey home.

We were lucky enough to have the Murphy's drive over to Gundagai to have an icecream with us as a halfway stop on our trip home!

In front of the 'Dog on the Tuckerbox'
Jack, Ella, Matt & James, Kerrie & Lily and Michael.
We were well and truly spent by the time we got home and are looking forward to staying in Wodonga this weekend. I'm sure we'll find something to do anyway!

1 comment:

Jacqui Walsh said...

Do you guys ever stop???? James is so well travelled for such a little person! I can't believe how grown up Hayden looks. It's only 6 months or so since I was down there, yet he looks so different. He looks quite proud that he's sharing his toys with his little cousin!