Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Since Christmas... And the start to 2009...

We're still here... plodding along...

Well, I'm the one plodding, James is flat out! Since Christmas he has only got more confident on his little pins... Too confident actually, with his tendency to stop hanging on to the couch and try and stand unassisted often resulting in a big crash landing on the floor (or coffee table, or toy or whatever is in the path). Needless to say, he's shed a few tears when these landings have been less than comfortable. That coupled with the fact that he's started to do that whole 'attached to Mum' thing at exactly 9 months old... I think he read the baby development book I had out the other day and went "Oh right, better start that attachment thing... check!" Anyway, I'm sure it will be short lived and before I know it I'll have a little boy who will walk (!*) away from me without looking back :-( It's uncanny how quickly this little baby has become a little boy!

A couple of days after Christmas, Matt, James and I tripped up to QLD to catch up with our good friends Danny, Sylvia, Alicia, James and Hugh. James and Hugh were born on the 13th November so just clocked up 6 weeks. They are gorgeous little boys and Alicia is a proud big sister.

Big James (Tinkler) thought Alicia was the bees knees and they spent hours chasing each other back and forth on hands and knees through Danny & Sylvia's home...

Sylvs and I took a leave of absence from mothering and spent the morning at IKEA Brisbane and came back to a peaceful house with Danny and Matt completely under control...

And the next morning, before heading back to Coffs, we went to the beach with the boys... I love this pic of the little fellas in the beach tent!

After 3 days with Dan & Sylvs we headed back to Coffs, and after NYE at Mum & Dad's we headed home.
It feels like we haven't skipped a beat back here with Matt launching into the busiest week in cattle all year. We're lucky enough to have my Mum & Dad here for the next week or so, Dad will head back up north next week while Mum stays on doing her prac at Wodonga Library. She's actually out on the delivery van today, taking books to Upper Murray Regional Libraries at places like Beechworth. I think she's enjoying seeing the many aspects of library life...
Will post again soon, must take some updated pics of this boy walking about...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are home safely and please give James a cuddle from us. Happy New Year and may it be a great one for all. Love to Matt,Jane and James

Sarah said...

You'll have to try a video! They're so great.
Love the pic in the tent. So cute! Twin boys, hey! Bet it feels a bit quieter at your place then!

Ange Carmichael said...

Those bubs are just so darn cute, our boys are growing so fast hey :(
Will give you a call soon.