Hi... Long time no blog!
And the only reason I've got is that we've had nothing to blog... Nothing exciting anyway...
So if you need an insomnia cure read on... Here's the mundane detail of our lives!
1. James has asthma. Bugger!
We've been treating a childcare cold/chest infection for the last 5 weeks. The poor little man seemed to get a little bit better by the end of the week at home with me only to crash again when he returned to childcare. Even the break with Kate, Nanna & Grandpa didn't make him any better. So, lo and behold, after yet another dose of antibiotics, the doctor decided he has asthma. We've started him with a ventolin puffer and his little spacer today. I guess his ear-piercing screams that accompany the process help a little... he has to fill his lungs again after each one.
2. Matt is off to see an Ears, Nose & Throat specialist on Monday.
After having a CT scan on Monday (after playing footy again on Sunday!!!) Matt has just received his report from the doctor.
The report is as follows...
Fractured and depressed left tip of the nasal bone continuing across the midline in a sagittal plane with a resultant slight step deformity along the fracture line. Also, a short fracture of the anterosuperior portion of the nasal septum.
He's got an appointment with an ENT specialist on Monday to talk about management of the injury. We'll see how it goes...
3. Jane has studied and is studying...
I've recently been trained as a facilitator for a new initiative for children and families in the early days of Autism... Appropriately, the program is called "Earlydays" and I'm trained to deliver the Early Days Workshops...
At the same time, I'm in the process of completing an online training course in a new treatment technique. It's based on play, and specifically, identifying what stage of emotional development the child is at and then playing with them at that level in order to help them grow and expand their learning. It's great and so inspiring, which is handy considering I have to stare at the computer screen for approximately 25 hours to complete the course.
4. James' walking!
Well this is exciting I guess. Tonight in the loungeroom, James took about 8 or 9 steps from me to Matt. He's been stuck on 4 steps for a while - taking the easy option of dropping to a crawl when something was too far away.
We'll post a vid of him when he's walking properly - we won't bore you with every step!
I'll endeavour to take a few pics over the weekend and blog something early next week... Promise...
Friday, May 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Your lives are never mundane!
Wow! Can't believe James is now walking 8-9 steps - he's growing up way too fast. He'll be running around the next time I see him.
Sorry to hear about the asthma, hope it's something you guys can manage without too many dramas. At least you're on to it nice and early!
Will Matt never learn? Hope all goes well Monday.
So exciting re walking. I bet James is excited. It won't be long now then and he'll be running around, and you're no longer able to contain him at all!!
Can't wait to see a video!
I've recently made friends with a girl in Michigan who has an autistic daughter, Abby, she's 4 I think. Tough stuff, but so rewarding. Hope you enjoy it!
Thanks for the update - Poor James that suxs!
I bet you're awesome at your job I can just imagine you working with kids!
Hope Matt went ok with the op. xx.
Talk soon.
Post a Comment