Thursday, July 16, 2009

Oops...

We spent a few unplanned hours in the Coffs Harbour Emergency Department today following a James v TV Cabinet incident. The TV Cabinet won...

He was very brave, he didn't scream too long, and it didn't bleed too much... We decided to go to emergency when it happened at 8am thinking it was mighty close to the eye and might have needed some glue or a stitch.

After 6 HOURS!!!!! of sitting in the waiting room (watching ambulance after ambulance and many poor old men with chest pain walk through the door and bump us down the list) we gave up and set off home to rest up and get some fresh air.

In hindsight, the injury probably didn't warrant the trip to emergency (we did try to get into 6 different doctors while waiting) but it was hard to know immediately after it happened.
Feeling a bit cranky about a wasted holiday day, I wrote a letter to the editor of the local paper expressing my disappointment at the lack of medical services available in the region. Lo and behold I get a phone call this afternoon from a reported who was told to write an article by her editor and I was further interviewed for the article.
Oopsi-daisy! Didn't mean to open a can of worms... But maybe it will help someone else so here's hoping.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Ouch. Brave little man!
Glad he's doing ok, Doesn't look to have swollen too much?
You've motivated me though, I feel the need to complain about our park or should I say swamp!