Monday, May 24, 2010

Stampin' Up!!!!

So the latest party plan / excuse for a night out in my group of friends is the phenomenon of 'Stampin' Up' parties... It's taken me a while to get along to one but now that I've done it I'm totally and utterly hooked!

You turn up at the party with your $10 to participate and receive your pack of paper ready to create 3 cards. Then the fun starts! Here are the 3 I did on my first attempt!



The pram was fun and a little bit fiddly... The truck was pretty straight forward but pretty cute... But Tess on the birthday card at the front of the picture was the time-waster!!!! She was a stamp that you put onto plain white card as well as printed card for the pants, jacket and bag. Then you cut out the fiddly little lady. Then colour her in how you'd like and finish it off cutting the other cards out and sticking it all together! Fortunately there was a passionate 'cardy' demonstrator there to help me out on my maiden card-making voyage!

The idea is that you then develop an addiction and buy all of the materials and tools to make your own cards at home at your leisure. I can't see myself doing that but spending the occasional afternoon or evening chatting and 'carding' with friends, and coming home with 3 cards for $10 sounds like a great plan to me!!!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Love your work Jane! Great effort. Plus a fantastic excuse to catch up with friends.
So maybe when we retire (again) at the end of the year, you can teach us Ang? :)

Ange Carmichael said...

way to go janey!!
I am so not that great at making cards but gee it can be a fun way to spend an afternoon with someone to natter to.