Monday, August 8, 2011

Photography!

Some of you may know that I started a photography course in early July. Hence the fact I'm blogging even less (if that's at all possible to get less than none!!!!) but I couldn't resist posting these few images from our first official photo shoot tonight. Our other 'first' shoot was rained out but we'll head to Beechworth to take some images later in the year...

An incense smoke trail, back-lit by a remotely triggered flash...




Then, with the editing power of Adobe Lightroom and Adobe Photoshop CS5 I converted it into my first piece of work for my assessment portfolio! I'm a bit excited now!!!!

After spending the first few weeks familiarising ourselves with the computer programs and our cameras, it was great to final getting our feet wet figuratively speaking. And we may get our feet a wet literally next Monday night when we do our night shoot around town...

Stay posted!!!!!

3 comments:

Ange Carmichael said...

janey jane!! So excited to see what you come up with - so frustrated with the weather here and not being able to get out and about...not seeming to have enough hours in the day to take photos for the sake of it...

Tina said...

wow, they look awesome. They would look great as a set printed on canvas.
The course you're doing sounds good, it's what I would have liked to do where you get the editing training aswell as the photography. Look forward to seeing more :) I also need to learn more about flash/remote flash ... our course kind of skimmed over that part (or I just didnt pay attention lol)!!

Sarah said...

Woohoo!!! Looking awesome Jane! Cant wait to see some more