Breakky time this morning had a big surprise for me.
First of all, I delivered the 'coffee' to the kids in the usual way... That is, Lucy has the yellow cup and James has the blue cup. Since the moment Jacqui bought them these cups the effort at gender neutrality has been wasted.
Back then I tried to explain that their names were on the opposite cups but they weren't concerned with minor details like that and the color has stuck.
Until today...
I came back after getting my REAL coffee to find James drinking out of the yellow cup, and saying it says James so that's his cup now. He then tells me the first letter is J and picks up a crayon and draws it!
He asked how to write the rest of his name and I started to write it to show him... But apparently i can't do it right and very quickly I was advised that Js have a roof Mum.
And then it was over and they're off throwing toys around the lounge room...
Friday, May 11, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment