Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Little Miss Chatterbox


She's a chatterbox, And I'm told that it's a case of the apple not falling far from the tree.
The only time she's quiet is when she's asleep or eating. And even when eating, she's still able to talk (although we are trying to practice good manners!)

We dearly love her unique voice and her special made up words... She sings incey wincey fider climbs up the water spout. She loves taking charge, which can be they frustrating sometimes, but also pretty funny. I've said the phrase, 'get out of each others space' quite a lot recently when there's been sibling niggling going on with the intent of stirring the other one up. And I've also slipped with the occasional 'Lucy, mind your own business' or 'butt-out' (which sounds so bogan to write so I must drop it out of my vocab!) when she's busy repeating instructions I've said and mothering James. Imagine our reaction when Matt and I were talking in the front seat of the car driving around the other day when Lucy says, 'mum, get out of dad's face and cut-out'!! You've almost go it Luce, but not quite! Had us in stitches!

The Little Miss Chatterbox title is likely to stick though if the conversation yesterday morning is anything to go by... Having listened to her chatter constantly from 7.01am when she announced as she walked into our room 'my sun came up' until 8.30am when I was sitting on the couch with her, I thought I'd try the old 'let's see who can be the quietest for the longest' game. She was all enthusiastic to give it a go and we started with smiles and fingers sh-ing our lips. 3 seconds later she says loudly, "I can't do it" and off she trots to talk to James... Worth a try hey!

No comments: