Sunday, November 1, 2009

When the cats are away... the kitten goes to play!

Matt and I braved the unknown over the weekend and had a weekend sans James! We had Libby & Shannon's wedding in Melbourne Saturday night (I'll post a couple of pics from that later) and Nan & Pa Tinkler offered to take James for a weekend away!

Boy did the kid enjoy!

Nan & Pa brought a tired, but very happy, boy home on Sunday afternoon with these gorgeous pics from an action packed weekend.

Milk at the breakfast bar

Learning about the Global Financial Crisis with Pa...

Contemplating the impact of the GFC and inflation on retail spending...

Playing in the dog's water... (I'm told this wasn't the only occasion!)

Maestro Tinklers Senior and Junior

Riding on the 'retired' 4wheel motor bike. The real one was a little too scary for him... Clancy on the back...

And Saturday night, Nan & Pa took James in to the 'Halloween' celebrations in Jerilderie. Miniature train rides for everyone!

Chuga chuga toot toot!

Up the back with Pa.

"How does this thing work...?"

With Nan on the train and Pa in the background holding the shed up.

"All aboard... Ready to go..."

Mowing the lawns! "I thought this was a holiday - they're making me work!"

"I love to swing"

Hello Cedric!
And then he found the hose... Don't think he was encouraged by his grandparents AT ALL!!!!!!











Wet!
What a great experience for James! and Matt and I enjoyed our break too! Although we were waiting like kids at Christmas for him to arrive home on Sunday afternoon!

4 comments:

Jacqui Walsh said...

Looks like a fun weekend!! I can just imagine James with the hose, (after seeing him in the pool and with water play) and what a fun time on the train! Glad you guys had a good weekend as well. Congrats to Libby and Shannon.

Sarah said...

Love it!
My fav shot is his squeeling (ok, I'm imagining the squeels of delight here) under the hose!
Looks like a huge weekend for the little man. He is so grown up!
Glad you got a chance to have a weekend away.
Very cool trains too! <3

Ange Carmichael said...

Thats awesome!!
Its so good to have them being comfortable with staying with the grandparents, bet they loved it too!
If only we could totally switch off while they're away and not spend half the time hoping they're ok and missing them like crazy.
Thanks Nan and Pa Tinkler for taking the photos to show us what he got up too ;)

Anonymous said...

You did such a great job with the photos &captions Jane we had a fun filled time with James We will certainly have him anytime in summer But winter might be a little more challenging given his love of water
Nan &Pa