Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A day I would have preferred not to have...

I'm feeling a little 'poor me' tonight...

And I was going to blog everything that went wrong starting at 2am this morning.

But, given my (early) new years resolution of looking at glasses as half full, I'm going to put some spin on my day.

2am -
Fact: Lucy cried for 1.5hrs with sore teeth and a sore bottom
Spin: Got to spend some quality time with Lucy as we spent 1.5hrs by her bed with panadol and cuddles in my bag of tricks...

5am -
Fact: James woke up ultra early and wiggled and squirmed in our bed til 6. We should have put him back in bed but we didn't want to wake Lucy after earlier episode...
Spin: Got a rare morning cuddle in bed from James

8am
Fact: Lucy woke. :)
Spin: None needed. Great time to wake!

Rest of Morning
Fact: Good watch clasp broke. Pulled old good watch out of drawer, put it on and it's clasp broke. Had to be at home to wait for the house ducted cooling to get fixed after wasting a litre of water a minute for the past few months. Realised I didn't have my mobile phone with me when I got to town so didn't know where Mum's group was going to be.
Spin: Good time of year to have your watch break (birthday/Christmas anyone???). Cooling fixed and no water being wasted now. Enjoyed morning technology free and played alone with James at the local park for most of morning until some other Mums from Mum's Group turned up.


Lunchtime
Fact: Kids both asleep before 12noon, James woke at 1:40pm, Lucy still sleeping so I woke her at 2:05pm to race over to the Paediatrician for a follow up appointment for James rotavirus episode about 3 months ago. Paediatrician wasn't worried about James - we're allowed to start introducing lactose back into his diet and be guided by how his tummy holds up.
Spin: Pleasant, quiet lunch time followed by positive news and the all clear from Paediatrician.

Afternoon
Fact: Oven (which has had parts broken since we moved in 8 months ago) to be replaced this afternoon at 3pm or not til new year. Matt raced home from Paed appointment to meet oven people.
I raced home to take over from Matt and put Lucy to bed to be looked after by a friend while I raced James back over to Paediatrician's office for his review Cardiology appointment (Some may remember James had a cardiology check about 18 months ago when the paediatrician we were seeing about Asthma thought James might have a hole in his heart. With James wriggling his way through the ultrasound they were 99% sure he didn't but wanted to review him again when he was old enough to lay still). Today, James refused to be weighed and measured, screamed when they started the ultrasound and fought to get off the bed. But he did lay still after the young Cardiology registrar started blowing bubbles for him. Then we found out James does have a hole in his heart. The hole is not likely to cause any problems and it isn't in a place that affects the function of his heart. The cardiologist wants to see James yearly to monitor if the hole is closing by itself or not. He also said he wouldn't consider surgery as the surgery would be worse than the hole itself.

Spin: New oven installed today without caked on lasagne to clean on the bottom :). Cardiologist diagnosed a small hole in James' heart which shouldn't cause any worries at all. Lucky we know about it, and lucky it's in a place that's not going to cause issues. Our beautiful boy was a bit confused as to why his Mum was crying when she took him out to the car and drove home, and he kept saying "I sorry Mummy" the whole way home. No amount of assuring him he didn't need to be sorry stopped him.


So we come to this evening. A very tired little boy, who was feeling a little lost and unsure what was going on, hopped on his swing for some time out. Then he fell off...


Glad today's over really.

5 comments:

Mary Walsh said...

What a positive outlook but you still have had a rotten day. "I'm sorry mummy" brings tears to your eyes. What a little darling. Can't wait to play with my little man

Jacqui Walsh said...

Big hugs, kisses... and of course huggles being sent your way.
Had tears in my eyes when reading "I'm sorry mummy". He really is such a gorgeous little boy. After his day, extra big huggles to the poor little man with his sore back.
xoxoxo

Ange Carmichael said...

Awww I'm doing my 'hold it together' breathing for you...sucky day Janeo.
I guess I kind of know how you feel and some days you just have to give in to it and declare it a crap day - usually the next morning, with some sleep I wake up feeling a hell of alot better :)

I did enjoy reading about your crappy day, I liked your take on it.

Hugs beautiful friend. x
Give James a kiss from me or the typewriter if you think he's up for it tehe.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your story so beautifully written and our luv to all four of you. So pleased all is going to be okay- tears in eyes here !!! Keep up the great parenting and smiling. Hugs and kisses leanne xoxo

Sarah said...

Yup, that one sucked big time.
You did a great "glass half full" job.
Yay for the new (clean) oven. Hope it's working for you now.
Lots of love and hugs to you all XXXX