And true to form (summing up her first year of life beautifully) we had a broken nights sleep last night as we were up with her for a couple of hours as she sobbed and sobbed with a sore throat and a runny, yukky nose.
That, on top of a few days of a sick little Jamesy-boy, put a bit of a dampener on the start to her birthday but we celebrated this evening in style!
A yummo chocolate jumbo cupcake was the 'home' cake for the big 1st birthday... And it was Lucy's first taste of things to come!!!
James was as keen as mustard to help Lucy sing and blow out the candles. And of course, he was chief taste-tester and quality controller!
And then it was present time!
Terrible photos but I'm hoping to rectify that on Friday when I've got more time and light!
Big Molly was a hit, all the way from Coffs Harbour!
Soon after this Lucy hit the wall and called for bed-time, James followed within a matter of minutes, and there is peace and quiet (touch wood) as I sit here and type.
I'm off to the kitchen now to decorate a cake for Bumble Bees tomorrow and then preparations will be in full swing for the big p-a-r-t-y on Saturday afternoon!!!!

2 comments:
Happy Birthday beautiful little Lucy!!
It's hard to believe it's a whole year since I was sitting in Wodonga looking after a sleeping little boy while his little sister was born and then racing into the hospital the next morning to meet this precious little baby. Love you so much Lucy and can't wait to see you in 2 days to celebrate again. xoxo
P.S. Love you so much too James xoxo
Happy birthday gorgeous miss!! Wow 1, really!!!!
Kisses and hugs from all our people.
Awesome cake, awesome mummy. xx
bummer about the sleep...
Post a Comment