Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Lucy's 1st Birthday Party!!!!

Sorry it's taken so long to post these pics of Lucy-girl's party! I thought I'd copied the photos from Jacqui's camera but in my hazy Sunday morning way I did something wrong and had a lovely blank folder to look at for a week while I waited for Jacqui to get some free time to send me some pics!

Big Molly (the big pink pig - 'normal size' Molly is Lucy's bedtime toy) and the balloons were ready nice and early!

And our friends and family gathered to celebrate a little girls first year! As with all 1st birthday parties, the focus is as much on the adults having a good time as it is for the kids!

Most of the kids at the party are from the original Mothers Group I joined when I had James. It's become a 'family group' really, with all of us getting together at least once every couple of moths (except for Feb>April when it's nearly weekly with all of the birthdays!!!)


Miss Charlotte evades the cameras at any chance but here I snapped her!

The kids loved totem tennis!!! ;)

Anoushka, Matt and Rahni swingin' it...

Food time!

Lucy with her Anna and Jacqui!

Ty and Fiona.

Lucy excited (!!!) to see her cake!

Inspired by Molly the toy pig!!!

And her first piece of cake...

Oh, what's that...?


Should I touch it?


No...


Oh, maybe...


Taste it...


Think about it...


Nah...


Yuk!!! Get me outta here!


The bigger kids didn't complain! Cake seems to be the only thing that can get them all sitting down together at the moment!

James was pretty proud!


Lucy was just pretty tired!!! (I must note that she's wearing a dress from Aunty Kate in London!!!)

And then it was cupcake decorating time. Time for parents to let go of their inhibitions and help their children create a masterpiece!!!





Lots of mess and lots of messy smiles, just what I love to see!





And I've decided to take up Ange's challenge of a family photo once a month for the whole year so we started with these attempts. I had to chase Matt and James down for this one just before Lucy went to bed! But more on that in another post...



Jacqui got roaming with the camera and gfound all of the boys crouching down near the wall doing something... Closer inspection revealled that they were shouting at locusts and squealing with delight as they sprung up out of the grass and smashed into the wall. Small things amusing small minds... ;)


A pretty spectacular sunset took us to bedtime, ready for an early start to get Jacqui to the plane in time.


The early start Sunday morning left us with plenty of time for James to help Lucy unwrap her presents...


What a lucky little Lucy!!!!


And then, during a lazy couch cuddle watching a bit of ABC kids, Jacqui snapped a contender for the February family shot. Pretty good photo considering we're all in our pjs!

Airport time always 'fine line between pleasure and pain' time. James loves the airport buzz and the planes landing and taking off, but hates goodbyes and avoids and attention about farewelling people... Lucy was all smiles though!!!


That was as close as we were going to get of a photo of the kids with Jacqui - it'll do I guess!!!!

Thanks to everyone for celebrating Lucy's birthday with us! Whether it was in person, over skype, over the phone, via text, facebook or mail, we appreciate everyone's kind thoughts and wishes for our beautiful little girl!

2 comments:

Ange Carmichael said...

You guys throw the best parties, ahh beautiful Lucy-girl - great cake too oink, oink!! I kind of get a bit jealous seeing all those people there, when I'm not :( Glad you had a fun day together though!! Yes go the family portrait challenge (and the use them on next years calendar to families). x

btw - do we end up seeing any photos of the 61st?!

Sarah said...

Awesome photos Jane. Looks like a fantastic party. I love that you still hang out with the "family group", such great support and friends hey!

Love the cake, and the action sequence :)