Well, the netball comeback happened, only it happened after we received a phone call from Mum & Dad that Grandma had passed away at about 1pm Saturday. The sun shone briefly on that rainy day, just as i warmed up and when I ran out on the court so thanks Grandma!!!!
The team won by about 50 goals and I did the splits twice slipping on the wet court, but all in all it was a respectable return to the game. I'm told the real opposition is this coming weekend against Rutherglen who are as yet undefeated...
Matt and the boys continued their undefeated season with a 5 goal win against Tallangatta. I didn't get to see much of the footy but Matt tells me he didn't get many kicks and he kicked 1 goal.
So now we are all booked and prepared to fly to Hobart tomorrow night to farewell Grandma on Wednesday. So we've quickly graduated from our first road trip to our first air trip away... Hope the little munchkin doesn't mind flying!!!!
But, like they say, every cloud has a silver lining and James will get to have cuddles with his Grandpa and Nanna, and we'll get to be together as a family. I think that even the saddest occasions are made better when you have a newborn to remind you of the circle of life.
RIP Grandma xoxo...
Monday, May 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment