First stop was Wyche and we spent a couple of hours at Elders Wycheproof with Lee-Anne, Nola, Brendan, Marty and Jim... Then we continued the evening with a cosy, relaxed evening at Jim & Lana's with Kara, Brendan, Jared and Chloe, as well as a visit from Lee-Anne and Matilda. James was too relaxed during the evening though and decided night time was time for crying and staying awake!!! Poor Lana heard him all night, however Jim managed to block it out and sleep on through!!!! We (James and I) managed a total of 3.5 hours sleep
... Not quite enough...
James, Jim, Jared & Matt on Friday night. Boys club!!!
Chloe (4 months old) and James (5 weeks old)
It's official... James is huge!!!
Lana with James the morning after... I think she forgave him for waking her up!!!
Then it was off to Bendigo, racing the clock to make it to Leah and Travis' wedding at the cathedral. Again, we underestimated how long it would take us to pack and prepare James for the wedding but we made it through the doors just after Leah stepped out of the car...
After the wedding, I did what all good mothers should do and went to Josh and Chantel's and had a sleep...
We then went to the reception which was a fantastic night, with great company, good food, wine and waiting staff (one of them rocked James to sleep for us during the night and gave us 2 hours to be wedding guests as he slept). Matt was the MC and I missed out on the speeches as this was the time James decided to have a cry!!!!
We then went to the reception which was a fantastic night, with great company, good food, wine and waiting staff (one of them rocked James to sleep for us during the night and gave us 2 hours to be wedding guests as he slept). Matt was the MC and I missed out on the speeches as this was the time James decided to have a cry!!!!
James behaved himself impeccably Saturday night at Josh and Chantel's waking only to feed at 4.30. Then Matt gave me a lovely start to Mother's Day by taking James from 6.30 til 9am so i could sleep in... I could get used to that I tell you!!! James gave me a great hair straightener and hairdryer as well as a gift voucher for the local beauty salon! What a clever and generous baby boy!!!
Sunday we spent the morning with Josh and Chantel talking babies and then headed out for a late morning breakfast, followed by a quick stop off to visit Auntie Vetz and Florence. Unfortunately, (because I slept between the wedding and the reception) we ran out of time to visit others in Bendigo so will have to make a return trip sooner rather than later to catch up with everyone else...
We drove into the driveway at home at 5.30pm Sunday night in enough time to get Matt ready for the week ahead...
James and I are looking forward to a bit of quiet time over the next couple of days to recover!!!!

2 comments:
Sounds like an exhausting weekend I bet your friends would have been very excited to see James though!!
Was this the same cathedral in Bendigo where you guys were married?
Yes, same cathedral. Always looks fantastic in photos!!!
Post a Comment