Friday, October 3, 2008

600 kms, 6 friends and I'm only 6 months old!!!

Well, Mum & Dad have been here for 5 days and, wow, have we been busy!

The week started off with Mum and I with our noses in Uni assignments, Mum writing one, and me marking some! (And wasn't that insightful! I now know that it IS obvious when you knock an assignment up the night before!!!!)

But Wednesday came, and Mum and I left the (dreaded!) assignments in favour of a whirlwind trip to Bendigo. We set off early - on the road before 8am and stopped in to see Dad's cousins Glenice & Lisa (Lisa is Glenice's daughter) at their property just south of Shepparton.



When I first moved to Shepparton in 2004 I stayed with Glenice & Lisa and Anthony while I was 'in between homes!!!' Their beautiful house and property feels like home to me when I visit - the fresh air and open space is so relaxing!



James met Glenice and Lisa for the first time - and then met a pony for the first time too.




Here he is with Dad and the colt that Geneva foaled when I last visited. (He's the smallest pony on the place but still looks very big to James.)




And with Gypsy Rose






And next to Jamie the biggest pony - who is 15'2 hands tall!!! He makes Dad look small!!!!
After leaving Shepparton we headed off to Bendigo to catch up with Aunty Vetz & Aunty Florence and have lunch at the pub that backs on to Aunty Florence's house (what a waste! he he he)
Then James & I left Mum & Dad with the Aunts and drove out to see Josh & Chantel in their new home! They have got some grand plans for personalising the house and we'll love seeing the changes every time we visit!!
We left Chantel at about 3.45pm, picked Mum & Dad up, and started the 3 hour trip home.
Take-away for tea was in order, and all of us, including James, fell into bed nice and early to recover!!!!!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

What a huge day. It's so lovely to catch up with family - especially those you don't see often.
Say hi to your Mum and Dad for us :)