Monday, November 10, 2008

Echuca...

We headed off on Friday for Carson & Kellie's wedding. Carson is Matt's best mate and he was marrying the lovely Kellie on Saturday afternoon in Echuca. We were all making a weekend of it and the bridal party converged on our accommodation Friday afternoon/evening for a easy dinner together before the big day.

Saturday morning Matt started his best man duties so James and I set off to explore Echuca on foot. James liked the Port of Echuca area (but I think he liked being chauffeured around in his pram just as much!)

The happy couple (and Matt towering over the rest of the bridal party!!!)

James was decked out in his Sunday best with Nan & Pa!
With his Daddy (Mini Me!!!)
With his proud Mummy!
Us with Carla & Charlotte (who is 1 day older than James) and Aunty Emma & cousin Finn (who is 6 days older!)


A dodgy self-portrait!!!

Uncle Pat having a play with James and Charlotte inside.

3 little monkeys!!!
At the end of a long day with Kellie & Carson Thomas!
The next morning everyone met at a local cafe for a brilliant breakfast and more good times together. There were a few sore heads there!!!
Here's the 2 little boys with their Nan & Pa, Em and 'Aunty Heather'!

Em, Pat, Matt and I headed off for a stroll around Echuca while both boys slept in their prams. Emma looks like she was 'legless' in this pic but I can assure you, our hangovers were pure sleep-deprivation and not alcohol-induced!!!


We stopped for yummy ice creams!


And then went and listened to the music boxes playing all around the port area. This one was one of the biggest and most spectacular.

And then we walked down to check out the paddle steamers. Emma Louise thought this one was pretty special for some reason...
But Pat was more worried about the fate of this duck and her 10 ducklings as they swam towards the paddlewheel!
(As the mum of 1 baby - I reckon she was doing a brilliant job to keep 8 in line - those 2 rogue ducklings were probably boys!)
James loved hanging out with his Dad on the river bank
And then Matt's Aunty Marie came down to meet us and we spent a little bit of time with her before heading off on the big drive home.
When we got home James had a little chat with us and asked us very nicely to stay put next weekend. We will be very happy to oblige!!!

5 comments:

Ange Carmichael said...

You guys get about, I love reading about all these little places I have never heard of and seeing pics!
Beeeeeautiful dress Janey, you are looking fab, wheredaya get it?
How adorable does the man look in that tux', James scrubs up not too bad himself!

Ange Carmichael said...

Just noticed, looks like James likes his fingers too!

Sarah said...

Beautiful story. Certainly sounds like yet another busy weekend. I agree with Ang - you look stunning, and the dress is gorgeous! I luv the photo of you and James - he looks really impressed :)

Emma Campbell said...

A lovely recap of a busy weekend -- and great pics! I don't think I got any of the three mums ad bubs together; would love copies if you have a chance to send sometime. James really did look adorable in his tux, but I agree with the other comments here -- you looked fab, Jane! Yeah, Finn was exhausted, and very happy to be home. But we'll be off to Sydney next week from Monday until at least Sunday...wish it was for a holiday, not to get sliced open!

Anonymous said...

Jane and Matt.. OMG the tiny tux it thee cutest!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mia