Thursday, July 8, 2010

"My Aussie Mum" stars in - Read Your Own Story... -

The bedtime routine - bath, book, bed...

And when Matt's at footy training, it has to run like a well-oiled machine or no one would get fed, bathed or put to bed...

So, tonight, James was being uncharacteristically cooperative after a long day at childcare. After the team Tinkler bath, I left Lucy singing away on the family room floor while I read James a story in his bed.

"My Aussie Mum" is a favourite of ours, it stays in high rotation and is read to him more nights per week than it's not.


It starts...

"My Aussie Mum's a ripper, yep, she's as tough as nails..."

So after tucking him in, giving him a cuddle, getting him a drink, finding Ronnie, giving him a cuddle, brushing his teeth, finding his dummy, giving him a cuddle, tucking him in again and saying goodnight a zillion times (only to be asked "One more story Mum?, Lie down with me, Lie down on the floor, One more story"... )I made towards the door to start the whole process again with Lucy. I get one more plea "One more story, PEASE Mum?" to which I replied, "No, you lie down and read a story and then go to sleep".

I shut the door,

And as I picked up the clothes from the bathroom floor, and turned the lights off in the hallway I heard the little voice piping up from his bed, reading the story aloud...

"My Aussie Mum's a stripper"

4 comments:

Jacqui Walsh said...

And I've just started laughing all over again! I love this and haven't stopped laughing since Matt rang! Love you James xoxoxo

Sarah said...

James, you Rock!
That is hilarious, though not new news for us :P
Jane - you are a Super-Mum! It's tough work on your own, thankfully James is (sometimes) such a great help!

Ange Carmichael said...

haha - go team tinkler!!

ps. bet the extra cash is handy heheeee

Tina said...

Aren't they just the moments that reenergise you. Funny comments that bring a smile to the face ... love it. I like the sound of that book, will have to keep a look out for it :)