
Saturday afternoon, after the reunion, Leigh, Ange, Locke and Zak met us at the gardens (Jenna was busy learning about her Reconcilitation with her Nanna). Leigh took some simply amazing photos of Matt, James and I around the gardens but more about that when I post some of the pics.

We love this photo. He's not anywhere near walking yet but it's priceless!!!!
Dinner was over on the eastern shore with Bainy, Az, Sophie & Fletcher, Ange, Leigh, Locke & Zak, and Kel, Jonny, Holly & Sienna. The bigger kids had a ball playing together, with Locke handling the attention from 2 girls beautifully! The babies had fun playing together on the ground until little Sienna (here on the left in the yellow and grey) decided to see what Zak tasted like, and then, because I'd missed that and left James on the ground, she went in for James too. I had a horrible, horrible feeling when this happened because, as embarassing as it is to admit, I used to bite kids when I was preschool age..jpg)
Sophie is also a pro on looking after little boy babies being Fletcher's big sister.
.jpg)
And when we were back at Sarah & Aaron's place after dinner, Sophie cuddled up to James on the couch for some quiet time.
We headed home (late again) and crept in to Anne & Mel's place and slept soundly til Sunday morning.
Sunday morning we had breakky at 'The Beach' with Anne & Mel before going to mass and heading off to the airport for the journey home.
James helped Anne make her choice from the menu!!!
Sunday morning we had breakky at 'The Beach' with Anne & Mel before going to mass and heading off to the airport for the journey home.
James helped Anne make her choice from the menu!!!We headed back to the airport and while we were checking in for the flight to Melbourne I happened to look at the other people working at the check in desks and one of our long time family friends was working there - Betsy!
My Dad used to live with Betsy, her parents and her brothers when he first moved to Hobart. It was great to 'accidentally' catch up and show James off to another friend!!!! Betsy has just moved back to Hobart from Ballina where Matt and I caught up with her about 4 years ago on a family holiday with Mum & Dad to Noosa! And the funny thing is Betsy knew me when I was James' age so it probably spun her out a bit!!!
My Dad used to live with Betsy, her parents and her brothers when he first moved to Hobart. It was great to 'accidentally' catch up and show James off to another friend!!!! Betsy has just moved back to Hobart from Ballina where Matt and I caught up with her about 4 years ago on a family holiday with Mum & Dad to Noosa! And the funny thing is Betsy knew me when I was James' age so it probably spun her out a bit!!!
- And then slept, slept, slept the whole way home, only to go to bed at 8pm, wake up at 5am for a quick feed, and then sleep til 8.30 this morning. What a little treasure, his Mum & Dad needed that long stint of sleep to get over a fantastic but tiring weekend getting 'Back to Tassie'

2 comments:
You sure do pack a lot into a few days/hours!! The photos Leigh took are fantastic. We'll have to get some copies up this way. Anne and Mel look (and sound) like they thoroughly enjoyed having James (and you) there.
Hey Jane - gotta love that artisic 'lens flare' that was my stage directing obviously to achieve such very cool light :) 'twas great fun!
xx
Post a Comment